The Ordinary | My Top Picks


Oh Deciem, you were on top of the beauty world just a few short weeks ago and all it took was handing over the Instagram password to a CEO in the midst of an apparent meltdown to put all of that at risk! I actually wrote this post before the brand became embroiled in controversy and confusion, however on my Twitter poll the vast majority of readers still wanted me to go ahead and publish it (I'm kind of waiting for the dust to settle on this very muddled story to see what damage control will be done, so there's no need to leave negative comments on the matter - you can read my thoughts on beauty brand controversy here.) Essentially their CEO has taken over their Instagram account and at best the results have been cringe-worthy, at worst rude, potentially offensive or even indicative of underlying issues... (there's an article summarising it all pretty well here.) Deciem isn't dead to me at this point but I think the brand needs to do something because this isn't cool (if the Weinstein Company can sack Harvey Weinstein... I'm just saying!)

I'm sure that by now you're familiar with the Ordinary but the one-liner is: this skincare-focussed brand offers proven active ingredients in their stripped-back form for a very low cost. You're not going to find a product called 'hydrating serum', you're going to find 'Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5'. It can be a little intimidating but is worth the extra bit of Googling for price-point of the products. Today, I'm taking you through my edited list of essentials, as I've tried so much from them by this point.


Continue Reading »

No comments

Powered by Blogger.